Welcome to the CCHS Office of College Placement!
Our mission is to provide students and parents with timely and accurate advising to navigate the college decision process. The most important part of this process is the concept of “fit.” Ultimately, we partner with the family in the college admission process. The “driver” in the process must be the student. Parents, faculty, and advisors are “coaches.”
"College is a fit to be made, not a prize to be won."
Along this journey, we will provide our students with many different opportunities to be exposed to various colleges and universities. We will also host informational sessions for students and parents and provide group counseling opportunities starting with the lessons we teach in freshman orientation. In the sophomore year, we will begin meeting individually with each student annually to review college plans, to understand academic and extracurricular goals, and to give guidance as to which college options would be the best match for the student’s particular calling and interests.
The College Placement Advisors adhere to the following principles as they advise students and parents:
- We focus on college enrollment and the processes that lead to that decision.
- We advise students as to their best options for college based on the “best fit” for a particular student.
- We will not tell students where they cannot apply or where they should enroll.
- We will give Biblical guidance throughout the process although we are NOT guidance counselors
- We work diligently to stay current on college admissions trends at both the state and national levels.
- We may not have all the answers, but our college admissions experience enables us to better understand the nuances of college enrollment
management and guide high school students through the process.
Please take time to review the resources given on this page. We look forward to walking the journey to college with you.
Matthew Cave and Amy Holderby
CCHS College Placement Advisors
"But seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness,
and all these things will be added to you.”