One of the goals we have for our students at Calvary Christian High School is to develop the Christian character of servanthood. Calvary encourages students to serve their community, their local church, and local agencies committed to serving those less fortunate. Community Service is one of the requirements for graduation. Students pursuing the College Prep Diploma must serve 100 Community Service hours, students pursing the Honors Diploma must serve 125 hours, and students pursuing the Advanced Diploma must serve 150 hours. The accumulation of these hours must include at least four different types of service.
There are several facets about community service to consider:
- Work for the Glory of God (1 Corinthians 10:31)
- Scholarships may be tied to Community Service (Bright Futures, for example)
- Forms should be filled out completely by the STUDENT (not parent) and turned in the same semester as completed.
- Community Service is a great way to learn about possible careers – if you are interested in medicine, for example, volunteer at a hospital, nursing home, etc.
- Senior Privilege – Seniors must have completed 75% of required Community Service to leave campus for lunch on Fridays
- College Prep Diploma 100 (75 to leave for lunch)
- Honors Diploma 125 (94 to leave for lunch)
- Advanced Diploma 150 (113 hours to leave for lunch)
- Documentation: In the Community Service description area we require a complete description of the service performed. We will no longer accept one word descriptions. For example, a form with “VBS or Basketball Camp” will not suffice. You must detail your role describing how what you did was of service to the community.
- CCHS will send out opportunities for community service as we learn of them. You are not limited to these opportunities.
- You may track your own hours on RenWeb (see note below)
- Community Service Contact: Mrs. Peabody
Community Service forms are available in the Main Office and third floor resource display on the wall across from the elevator. You may also print forms from our website: Community Service Form
Finding Community Service Log in Renweb
You can check your Community Service hours on RenWeb. Log in to RenWeb, then go to FAMILY INFORMATION, then click your name and look for the Community Service Tab.