The following steps will help in guiding you through the application process.
1. Schedule a Shadow Day Visit for your Child. (Select this link.)
Prospective students are strongly encouraged to "shadow" a current student during the school day for at least a half-day. "Shadows" will attend classes, meet teachers, coaches, fine arts teachers, as well as meet with someone from the admissions department during their shadow visit.
- Application Fee (May be paid online with completed student application. If paying by check, make checks payable to CCHS)
- These items are requested digitally from the current school through the application:
- A copy of the most recent end-of-year report card and current report card
- A copy of the most recent standardized test results (such as SAT, OLSAT, FCAT, CTBS, ITBS, etc.)
- A completed Teacher Recommendation Form
- Individual Education Plan, 504 Plan, Psychological Evaluation detailing academic accommodations, if any
*As an option, records can be submitted to [email protected]
3. Attend a Question/Answer Meeting
All new families applying to Calvary for admission are required to have one parent attend a Question/Answer Meeting with our Head of School, Mr. David Kilgore. Attendance by at least one parent is required before an admission decision will be considered. Student attendance to the Question/Answer Meeting is optional. Your earliest opportunity to attend will help expedite your application process. *If you have a currently enrolled student at Calvary, you are exempt from this step.
Question/Answer Meetings are held from 6:00 PM - 7:15 PM. Reservations are not required.
February 22, 2021
March 22, 2021
4. Decision and Enrollment
Enrollment at Calvary Christian High School is a privilege and not a right. Students applying for admission will be evaluated on the basis of their academic, spiritual, and behavioral reports. Information and reports on the following will guide the Admissions Committee on making a decision for acceptance or non-acceptance.
- Academic Achievement. Must at least have an un-weighted 2.0 GPA
- Embracing the Christian Philosophy of Education
- Student Conduct Reports, including number of Detentions/Suspensions
- Current on Financial Obligations to the School Currently Attending
- School Attendance (Including Tardies)
- Support and Cooperation of Parents
- Student Interview on Shadow Day
After an applicant's file is complete, the Admissions Committee reviews the above information to make an admissions decision. Decisions will be made on a rolling basis. Families will be notified by mail of the admissions decision.
If the student is accepted, the school must receive the completed and signed Financial Agreement and the completed Online Enrollment to secure the student's enrollment.