The following steps will help in guiding you through the application process.
1. Schedule a Shadow Day Visit for your Child. (Select this link.)
Prospective students are strongly encouraged to "shadow" a current student during the school day for at least a half-day. "Shadows" will attend classes, meet teachers, coaches, fine arts teachers, as well as meet with someone from the admissions department during their shadow visit.
2. Follow the instruction to complete and submit an online application for admissions. At this time, the application is closed for the 2023-24 school year. Please be sure to fill out our Online Inquiry form with your contact information so we can inform you of any updates. The following items are required to complete the application file:
- Application Fee (May be paid online with completed student application. If paying by check, make checks payable to CCHS)
- These items are requested digitally from the current school through the application:
- A copy of the most recent end-of-year report card and current report card
- A copy of the most recent standardized test results (such as SAT, OLSAT, FCAT, CTBS, ITBS, etc.)
- Two completed Teacher Recommendation Forms
- Individual Education Plan, 504 Plan, Psychological Evaluation detailing academic accommodations, if any
- *As an option, records can be submitted to [email protected]
3. Attend a New Parent Info Meeting
All new families applying to Calvary for admission are required to have one parent attend a New Parent Info Meeting with our Head of School, Mr. David Kilgore. Attendance by at least one parent is required before an admission decision will be considered. Student attendance to the New Parent Info Meeting is optional. Your earliest opportunity to attend will help expedite your application process. *If you have a currently enrolled student at Calvary, you are exempt from this step.
New Parent Info Meetings are held on various Mondays from 6:00 PM - 7:15 PM. Reservations are not required. You are required to attend only one info meeting.
January 9, 2023
January 30, 2023
February 13, 2023
March 6, 2023
4. Decision and Enrollment
Enrollment at Calvary Christian High School is a privilege and not a right. Students applying for admission will be evaluated on the basis of their academic, spiritual, and behavioral reports. Information and reports on the following will guide the Admissions Committee on making a decision for acceptance or non-acceptance.
- Academic Achievement. Must at least have an un-weighted 2.0 GPA
- Embracing the Christian Philosophy of Education
- Student Conduct Reports, including number of Detentions/Suspensions
- Current on Financial Obligations to the School Currently Attending
- School Attendance (Including Tardies)
- Support and Cooperation of Parents
- Student Interview on Shadow Day
After an applicant's file is complete, the Admissions Committee reviews the file and the above information to make an admissions decision. Decisions will be made on a rolling basis. Families will be notified by mail of the admissions decision. All decisions are made without further comment.
If the student is accepted, the school must receive the completed and signed Financial Agreement and the completed Online Enrollment to secure the student's enrollment.